Frequently Asked Questions
The Actors’ Society (TAS) previously known as Actors Guild of Singapore (AGS), was founded in 2014 as a forum for actors in Singapore to gather, discuss and work together in order to elevate the professional practice standards of the local entertainment industry. Even with stringent screening processes, AGS quickly grew to 380 members and pending 2000+ more.
With growing demand for more to be done, AGS founding members decided to restructure and rebrand as The Actors’ Society. Working closely with NTUC, TAS has recently officiated with the Registries of Societies.
The main committee of TAS strongly believes in its mission – for the advancement of actors. TAS aims to do more for the local entertainment scene, through communication with actors and industry players, advocating best practices, organising masterclasses, getting actors insured and more.
TAS seeks to empower actors and advance the acting profession in Singapore to an internationally competent level, by raising the standard of industry practice to more closely resemble the practices of established arts and entertainment industries around the world.
The Ordinary Membership is open to all individuals who are engaged in the acting profession in Singapore. The requirements are as follows:
- Minimum one (1) year of being active in the industry, on television, film and or theatre, with at least four (4) acting credits. The term ‘actor’ covers everyone whose image or voice appears in a recognised title. This would include documentary subjects, hosts, narrators, athletes, or other people not “acting” in the traditional sense. Valid actor’s credits can be added to any title on their resume, i.e. movies, TV episodes, short films, TV movies, video games etc.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Only Ordinary Members who are above 21 years of age shall have the right to vote and hold office in TAS.
The Youth Membership is open to:
- At least 13 years of age and below 21 years of age.
- All individuals who have the written consent of their parent or guardian if they are below 18 years of age.
The Associate Membership is open to all individuals who wish to be part of TAS but do not qualify for Ordinary or Youth Membership.
- For example: actors who are not Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, production companies, and agencies.
You can sign up here.
The annual subscription fees are:
- $75 for Ordinary Membership
- $75 for Associate Membership
- $30 for Youth Membership
Our subscription cycle is from 1 January to 31 December.
Members who join TAS between January to September will pay a pro-rated subscription fee. Members who join TAS between October to December will only need to pay for the full subscription for the following year.
All members will receive an e-Membership card.
Membership perks will include:
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Coverage
- For members between 16 – 80 years old
- Approval of insurance for all members are at the discretion of the insurer
- Free access to Acting Jams and Legal Workshops
- Access to private TAS Telegram Channel & Facebook Group for updates & discussion of industry matters
- Priority and Discounts for Workshops and Master Classes conducted by TAS
- Discounts from Participating Merchants